Friday 1 February 2013

A few old projects...

Hello my lovelies. I'm sorry I have abandoned you, I have been a busy bee.

Here's a handbag I made over the summer, I also spoilt my mum and my fiances sister and made them one each too :)

 

It was more of an experiment than anything, the ones I gave away were much more lovely and higher quality. But it was a chance for me to try out some new and old things I hadn't done in a while.


Buttonholes...
 

 
 
Stitching the edges neatly so you can't see it underneath or on top...
 
 
 
And line it nicely. I've done this before, but I hadn't done it in a while.
 
 
 

Overall, a lovely short project. It only took me an afternoon, and it made 3 nice cheap and cheerful summer bags!


Something else I've done before is make Old Western style dresses for Reenactment groups. I don't have photos of the other ones, but here's one I made a year ago...

 
Here's the pattern I had...
 

 
This is the top part (shame you can't really see the shape properly unless it's on)...

 
And here it is on. The skirt needed a hooped petticoat to fill it out nicely, and the lighting doesn't do the outfit justice. But it did look lovely and got many compliments on the reenactment day!

 


Ok, so I think that's it for today, I've got to dash off to uni now, but I will keep updating! Oh also, do leave comments on what you do and don't like, it'd be nice to get some feedback!

Have a great weekend everyone! x

No comments:

Post a Comment