So the skirt part was much the same as my other posts. Tube it, shirr it, attach it. You get the picture.
Now the bodice was the difficult bit. I had an idea of how I wanted it to look, so I started off with just draping the fabric on myself. I'll spare you the pics haha!
I then made a muslin of the bodice with some old cotton fabric I had (I'll be honest, it was a cheapo sheet from the charity shop!)
I actually saved myself some effort with this. I didn't want the hassle of interfacing, or bias binding. So I cut two bits for the bodice, sewed then wrong sides together, turned it out and have it a good pressing.
You can kind of see here that's it's the same both inside and out :)
I pinched the middle and put a few stitches in.
I then sewed the bodice onto the skirt portion, and added some straps.
You can see here that the gathers have been stitched into the bodice. Personally, I think it could have been neater. It ended up being a bit bulky on the inside. I imagine this would be easier if I had an over locker! (Or room for one haha!)
I was very pleased with this dress. Much like the last few projects, I wanted something quick to take on holiday. This was a bit more time consuming than the others, but it only took an evening and a couple of hours the next day - I needed my trusty sidekick Mr to check my sizing alterations as obviously I don't have eyes in the back of my head! To be fair, I've trained him well :D